FREE Upcoming Training
Data Protection (GDPR): Making sure you’ve got it right (Hounslow
and Ealing Groups)
26 June 2019 1-4pm, CAN Mezzanine,Treaty Centre,High Street,Hounslow, TW3 1ES.
This course will:
- Ensure that all participants are confident about the basics of Data Protection, both now and in the future
- Put Data Protection in context – looking at its relationship to confidentiality, for example
- Explain the key changes that GDPR introduced and how the new requirements might be met
- Explore the issues that will particularly affect small- and medium-sized charities
- Enable participants to draw up an action plan
Workshop with Heathrow Community Fund
11 July 2019 13:00 – 15:00 CAN Mezzanine,Treaty Centre,High Street,Hounslow, TW3 1ES.
This session will cover the funding opportunities available through the Heathrow Community Fund. Dates of funding rounds, funding streams and criteria.
The session will be delivered by Rebecca Bowden, director of Heathrow Community Fund.
Legal Structures for the Voluntary Sector- Ealing Groups
18 July 2019 2-4pm, Lido Centre, 63 Mattock Lane, W13 9LA.
This session will cover the various options and legal structures when setting up a voluntary or charitable organisation, including unincorporated charitable trusts, CIO's and CIC's.
Trustee Roles & Responsibilities - Ealing Groups
23 July 2019 2-4pm, Lido Centre, 63 Mattock Lane, W13 9LA.
This free session is aimed at anyone who is considering becoming a Trustee for a charity or community group or new Trustees who would like to learn more. This session will provide an overview of the roles and responsibilities of a trustee of a small group or charity.
To register click here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/trustee-roles-responsibilities-ealing-groups-tickets-60884075910
Involving young volunteers - Ealing Groups
19th September 2019 10am-1pm, Lido Centre, 63 Mattock Lane, W13 9LA.
This forum is for people who manage volunteers in Ealing and will offer lots of opportunities to network with other volunteer managers! We'e going to talk about involving young people in your volunteer programme. Based on training previously developed by Greater London Volunteering (GLV), we'll be covering:
- Benefits and challenges of working with young people
- Legal and policy issues
- Safeguarding issues
- Creating rewarding roles
- Recruiting young volunteers
- Managaging, retaining and celebrating
- Monitoring and evaluation