Introduction to the Values and Principles of Adult Social Care OCN Accredited Course (Priority given to Hounslow groups)
30 November 2017
10am to 2pm
Location: CAN Mezzanine, 2nd Floor Treaty Centre, Hounslow, TW3 1ES
Cost: This workshop is fully funded however there is a cost of £16 for certificate
Sign up: Register here
Introduction to the Values & Principles of Adult Social Care - Level One
CPD Credit Value - 1
This OCNLR Level One Qualification will enable you to develop knowledge and skills to help you work and volunteer within this sector.
Accreditation is achieved by completing a small portfolio which should take approximately half a day to complete.
This session is suitable for carers and for those who wish to work in a Health and Social Care environment however no previous experience in Health and Social Care is required prior to taking part.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify key values and principles of adult social care
- Outline why adult social care workers need to promote these values at all times
- Identify areas where own values and principles may conflict with those of adult social care
- Outline why it is important to support and respect diversity and different cultures and values
- Outline the importance of finding out an individual’s history, needs, wishes, likes and dislikes