Making Every Contact Count *FREE* Training - Various Locations across Ealing
Help improve people's lives with a very brief health chat
Making Every Contact Count is about all of us doing a little to address people’s lifestyles in order to reduce the burden of preventable conditions like cardiovascular, respiratory and liver diseases, diabetes and cancers. The method is evidence-based and in line with NICE guidance on behaviour change.
This free 3 hour interactive course is for anyone who works face-to-face with Ealing residents, particularly if you are in the NHS, Council or Voluntary Sector. The training will give you the skills and confidence to...
1. ask people about:
- Physical Activity
- Healthy Eating
- Mental Wellbeing
2. give some simple 'nuggets' of advice
3. direct them to further information and support
...all in a way that helps them take control of their own lives and make positive lifestyle changes
All workshops are delivered by Nell Blane, Ealing Public Health Training Lead. Courses take place on the following dates and venues:
Ealing Public Health Team
- Monday 16th October 9.30-12.30, Rm 3.11 Perceval House, 14-16 Uxbridge Road W5 2HL - open to all
To book either of these dates please book via the Eventbrite page: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/making-every-contact-count-training-ealing-tickets-31716571118
Neighbourly Care in Association with Ealing Public Health Team
These dates are ONLY bookable via Nurita Bangar at Neighbourly Care.
- October 19th. 10am-1pm. Dominion Centre, The Green, Southall, UB2 4BQ.
- November 1st. 12.30pm-3.30pm. Islip Manor Community Centre, Arnold Road, UB5 5TB
- November 3rd. 12-3pm. Ruskin Hall, Church Road, Acton, W3 8PP
- December 4th. 11am-2pm. Northolt Library, Church Road, Northolt, UB5 5AS.
- December 13th. 12-3pm. Perivale Community Centre, Horsenden Lane South, Perivale, UB6 7NP
- January 9th. 11am-2pm. Dominion Centre, The Green, Southall, UB2 4BQ
- January 18th. 5pm-8pm. Carers Café, 330 Ruislip Road, Northolt, UB5 6BG
To book any of the sessions please contact Nurita Bangar (Neighbourly Care Health Services Officer) on 020 8571 1929 or at email@example.com for further details and information.