Developing an Equality and Diversity Policy ( Hounslow groups only)
23 October 2017
10am to 1pm
Location: CAN Mezzanine, 2nd Floor Treaty Centre, Hounslow, TW3 1ES
Sign up: Register here
The Equality Act 2010 aims to improve equal access to employment opportunities and ensure fairness for employees and job applicants. Under the Act, it is unlawful to discriminate against people at work because of nine areas termed in the legislation as protected characteristics.
This workshop will show you how to develop an Equality and Diversity Policy that promotes equality, prevents discrimination and enhance your organisations reputation as an employer.
By the end of session you will be able to:
• Demonstrate the importance of updating your organisations Equality and Diversity Policy
• Identify the “Nine Protected” Characteristics
• Develop a policy that is compliant with current legislation
• Identify the benefits of promoting equality and diversity
• Monitor and review your policy